From research to application
Inaugurated in 2009, Parc Micro Sciences is an exceptional place that links private enterprise with the research community. Just minutes from the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, this technology park has access to a skilled labour pool and facilitates stimulating collaboration among researchers. It also offers a fibre optic network and a secure, high-capacity data hosting centre.
Located on the majestic Trois-Rivières sur Saint-Laurent site, where the St. Lawrence and Saint-Maurice Rivers meet, the Parc Micro Sciences is without question one of the most beautiful places in Quebec to establish a business. Bordered by pedestrian and bicycle paths, it’s just a few minutes’ walk or ride from downtown Trois-Rivières.
Be part of a technology showcase that’s making a name for itself in the innovation industries:
- Industrial bioprocesses
Information and communications technologies
Telecommunications and electronics
Join the team. Properties are available!
IDE Trois-Rivières business incubators
The Technocentre, supporting sustainable development
The Technocentre welcomes companies that conduct R&D activities in industrial bioprocessing and environmental technology.
Infrastructures at the Technocentre include:
- Eight private laboratories for rent
- One common laboratory with equipment
- Specialized equipment, including formulation systems and bioreactors ranging from 3.6 litres to 500 litres
- Offices for researchers and technology sector companies
- Kitchen and lunchroom
- Fitness room
- Technology incubation services
Novocis, supporting technological advances
The Novocis building welcomes companies conducting R&D activities in the telecommunications, electronics and IT sectors. It also houses the Centre collégial de transfert de technologie en télécommunication (C2T3), which is part of the Cégep de Trois-Rivières, and Alinov, an employment training and integration firm.
With its approximately 15,000 ft2 of incubation space, the Novocis provides a range of services to support innovation, including:
- Leasing of space
Technology company incubation – 0 to 3 years of support services
Physical space for tests and prototyping
Space shared by start-up businesses for the use of certain equipment and the storage of development materials
Spaces of varying sizes are available for lease. Also available are an anechoic chamber, offices, classrooms, a lunchroom with adjoining patio, and conference rooms.
R&D collaboration opportunities
The presence of so many research centres in the Trois-Rivières and Mauricie regions opens the door to exciting collaboration opportunities for businesses.
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) :
- Lignocellulosic Materials Research Centre (CRML)
- Hydrogen Research Institute (IRH)
- Institut de recherché sur les PME (SME research institute) (INRPME)
- Chaire de recherche en gestion de projets aéronautiques (Research chair in the management of aeronautics projects)
- Groupe interdisciplinaire de recherche appliquée en santé (Interdisciplinary applied health research group) (GIRAS)
- Groupe de recherche en biologie végétale (Plant biology research group) (GRBV)
- Research Group in Industrial Electronics (GREI)
College technology transfer centres (CCTT):
- Centre collégial de transfert de technologie en télécommunications (C2T3)
- Québec Metallurgy Centre (CMQ)
- Centre national en électrochimie et en technologies environnementales (National electrochemistry and environmental technology centre) (CNETE)
- Centre d’innovation des produits cellulosiques (Innovation centre for cellulosic products) (Innofibre)