Historically linked to the pulp and paper industry, the city of Trois-Rivières was able to diversify and stimulate the development of a cluster of active companies in the field of life sciences. The most active sectors are Industrial Bioprocessing, Environmental Technologies and Agri-food Technologies.
Business revenue $110M
Number of businesses 15
Number of employees 300
Day after day, these companies are willing to launch innovative projects with support from the Trois-Rivières Technocentre, which has world-class facilities and equipment, or with help from the UQTR Industrial Research Chair in Environment and Biotechnology (CRIEB).
- A workshop for pulping, pulp processing, and bio-refining
- A complete pilot newsprint machine, including the most advanced technologies
- Surface treatment equipment for modifying and functionalizing paper and cardboard.
- 8 private laboratories available for rental
- a shared laboratory with basic equipment
- specialized equipment, including bioreactors from 3.6L to 500L and a sanitary grade filtration unit.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor Degree in Biological and Ecological Sciences
Certificate in Environmental Science
Master’s Degree in Environmental Studies
Bachelor Degree in Medical Biology
Certificate and Bachelor Degree in Medical Biology
Master’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences
Master’s Degree in the Science and Engineering of Lignocellulosic Materials