Since its inauguration in 1963, the Trois-Rivières airport has played a vital role in the economic and industrial development of the region. Thanks to its 2.75 km (9,006 ft) runway equipped with high-intensity approach lights with PAPI and ARCAL systems at both ends, the airport can accommodate, at any time of day or night, all types of aircraft, including the Boeing 747 and Airbus A320.
Exceptional geographical location halfway between the two large urban centres in Québec, and integration to a modern transportation system, as well as the presence of key players in the aerospace industry make this airport a hub of economic growth and an indispensable actor in the aerospace sector. Many businesses in Trois-Rivières are suppliers for major aeronautic companies, such as Bombardier, Eurocopter, Bell Helicopter, and Pratt & Whitney.
Business revenue $50M
Number of businesses 12
Number of employees 500
Airport industrial park
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Mechanical Assembly
- Airframe Assembly
- Mechanical Engineering Techniques
- Metallurgical Engineering Technology — Material Control Option
- College Diploma (AEC) in Aircraft Piloting including Transport Canada Licence and Cargair ATP(A) Integrated Program Diploma
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering –
- Major in Mechanical Engineering